The ultimate guide to doing Lucknow like a pro
Going to Lucknow for the first time? It’s simple enough to navigate the city, provided you get a few basics right. We’ve got you sorted.
Lucknow draws history buffs and nature lovers alike. It’s a city that is both modern and traditional in outlook at the same time. But despite its contemporary aspirations, there is no denying its charmed past – it carries a rich historical legacy through the pages of India’s history, having seen a succession of kings taking control over it.
It still bears traces of its Nawabi heritage, and nowhere is this clear in the demeanour of its old timers. A visit to Lucknow is a must if you want a dash into history and check out all of its old-world splendour. Here’s how you plan your visit:
* Book your Delhi to Lucknow flight: First things first: book your Delhi to Lucknow flight. Book your flight tickets on your preferred airline in advance to get the best deals! For a luxurious trip, you can even opt for a Premium Economy ticket on a leading airline to ensure you are well-rested after your journey.
* Get your accommodation sorted: Lucknow has many great hotels and even budget stays, but it all boils down to what you’re planning to do once you get there. If you’re going to look at places far away from the city centre, then there is no point in booking a city-based hotel. But if you’re planning a short trip and don’t want to pack in too much sightseeing, then accommodation near the airport is ideal.
* Draw up an itinerary: Plan outa list of places and things to do when visiting this city. We suggest the usual haunts: BadaImambara, SikandarBagh, Kukrail Forest Reserve, Chandrika Devi Temple and Hazratgunj to name a few. The city has an extremely rich history, dating back to Mughal times and later, the British Raj. So, there’s a lot to explore and take in.
* Shop for chikan: Lucknow is famous all over the country for its fine Chikankari work. You can buy chikan sarees and dress materials in different colours. They are a great gifting option as well.While you are at it, look for some traditional cotton and silks as well.
* Sample the kebabs and other eateries: Why take a Delhi to Lucknow flight at all if you’re not going to make a pit stop at some of the iconic restaurants? Head to the old quarter in Lucknow to sample the most delicious kebabs and rotis to go with them. You will be transported to gastronomic heaven when you sample the city’s famous sweets, especially the jalebis.
Keyword: Delhi to Lucknow flights